Say goodbye to the warm weather. At 7am, the cold front was about half way through the Finger Lakes. There is very little precipitation with this front, but temperatures will drop noticeably as the front moves through. Already, the western half of the Finger Lakes is dropping into the low 40s. After the initial drop, temperatures will slowly back off as some sun tries to counteract the flood of cold air. Still, by sunset this evening, most places should be in the mid or upper 30s. Here are the rest of the details you need to know this morning:
- Besides some gusty winds, today will be pretty quiet with some sun behind the front.
- A few flurries off of Lake Erie will develop tonight, primarily over the western Southern Tier and southwestern Finger Lakes.
- Lake snows will continue to organize on Thursday, with some locally moderate accumulations to the southwest of the Finger Lakes.
- Snow showers and a couple of brief squalls are possible across the majority of the Finger Lakes tomorrow with some places getting little to no accumulation and others (mostly higher elevations) getting an inch or two.
- Winds will generally be light tonight and tomorrow.