After another snowy, cold week, quieter and warmer weather is set to move into the Finger Lakesas high pressure sets up off the southeast coast and a weak area of low pressure skirts across southern Canada. These two systems will work together to produce a broad southerly flow across the eastern part of the nation, resulting in some warmer weather.
Here are the forecast details you need to know:
- Temperatures will remain cool during the day today, with most of the Finger Lakes only reaching 30º or a little higher.
- Temperatures will rise overnight into the mid and upper 30s before highs reach into the mid and upper 40s Sunday.
- Temperatures over the next 36-48 hours should always be warmer to the west as the warm air moves in.
- There is a chance for a few flurries and showers through Sunday, but anything that falls will be light and scattered.
- The best chance of actually seeing any precipitation is Sunday afternoon.
- At this time, the coming week looks fairly quiet as well.