Share Your Weather Photos
The Finger Lakes is a region of stunning beauty. The lakes, hills, forests, vineyards, and waterfalls that make our area special are only accentuated by the day-to-day weather. If you have captured a scenic view and want to share it for use with Finger Lakes Weather, you can now submit photographs directly through the website!
In order to be usable, photos must follow these basic guidelines:
- At least 1200 px wide and 630 px tall… but the larger the file, the better
- Minimal to no editing
- No watermarks or other added text
- Focus on weather phenomena and the scenery of the Finger Lakes
- No people visible in the photograph. Buildings, automobiles, and animals are OK in small amounts.
- Photos for any season and weather phenomenon may be submitted at any time of the year.
Finger Lakes Weather may use your photos for a variety of purposes, including but not limited to:
- Display on FLXweather.com and Finger Lakes Weather social media channels
- Finger Lakes Weather advertisements and promotions
- Finger Lakes Weather business client needs
- Inclusion in the annual FLX Weather Calendar
Now accepting photos for the 2023 Calendar! Deadline: Oct. 10!
Photo Sharing Terms
By submitting photos to Finger Lakes Weather LLC (hereafter referred to as FLX Weather), you are granting FLX Weather and its affiliates, and/or clients permission to use, share, and edit your photo without limitation. Photo submission automatically surrenders any copyright to FLX Weather. No royalties shall be collected by the photographer for any revenue generated by FLX Weather or its affiliates or clients, directly or indirectly related to photo use. No payment shall be made to the photographer in exchange for the photo or its use. FLX Weather is not required to credit the photographer when using the photo (though almost always will!).