Lake Erie had so much fun burying the southern suburbs of Buffalo, it thought it would go for round 2.After more heavy snow overnight in the same areas that got hit earlier this week, the lake effect snow band has drifted south this morning, keeping the hardest hit areas on the outside this time. The lake effect snow will likely stay in about this position throughout the day before winds start to turn more westerly, sending flurries and squalls into the Finger Lakes. By tomorrow, winds will be out of the northwest, with some flurries and squalls off of Lake Ontario. Here are the quick-glance details you need to know:
- Whatever the weather is where you are this morning is what you should expect most of the day.
- The best chance for snow during the day today is over the northwestern Finger Lakes (Geneseo, Canadaigua).
- Chances for snow increase this evening and through the overnight. Some areas will get nothing. Others will get a few inches.
- Snow off of Lake Ontario will move in for Friday. Again, some areas will see none and others some modest accumulations.
- Warmer weather starts to seep in Saturday before coming in force Sunday and Monday.