Most of the Finger Lakes is experiencing a cold, clear start to the morning. Temperatures are in the upper teens and low 20s, easily setting a new benchmark for cold air this season. A healthy band of lake effect is coming off the southeast end of Lake Ontario. Here is what to expect the rest of the day:
- Winds will shift to a more northwesterly direction as the morning goes on. This will disrupt the lake effect and send a spray of snow showers into the Finger Lakes.
- Once winds settle this evening, the lake snows will again organize into a single band, a bit further southwest than what is show on the radar image to the right.
- Cayuga, Cortland, northern Tompkins and south/central Onondaga county may see another inch or two of snow tonight form this lake effect.
- Winds turn south on Saturday, ending any lake effect in the Finger Lakes early on.
- Temperatures will be well below normal, with highs stuck in the 30s for the foreseeable future.