Northwest winds have brought some lake effect snow from Lake Ontario to parts of the eastern Finger Lakes, while Lake Erie continues to produce snow for western New York. Winds will become less favorable for lake effect as the day goes on and a new weather pattern sets in.
- Lake effect snows should dissipate this morning as winds become variable and start changing directions.
- Today is the last day of this historic cold snap with highs in the mid and upper 20s.
- By Saturday, winds will increase out of the south and warm air will move north. Highs should be well into the 30s, with a few places touching 40º.
- A few rain showers are possible Saturday, especially in the afternoon, as the warm air moves in.
- Temperatures will continue to warm for Sunday and Monday.