Level 2- LOW Risk for Severe Storms
Thunderstorms may develop across the Finger Lakes this afternoon, bringing a chance for damaging winds and heavy rain. Live updates all day as this set-up unfolds:
Support Finger Lakes Weather
Finger Lakes Weather needs your support to continue and to grow! Please consider a monthly or one-time donation to help Finger Lakes Weather. Thank you for supporting Finger Lakes Weather!
Live Weather Blog
Up to the second local weather updates for the Finger Lakes, Western New York, and Central New York. This feed should update automatically but may need an occasional refresh. Join the conversation in the chat box in the lower right corner.
- Higher than normal uncertainty in thunderstorm development and placement due to morning clouds.
- Low pressure over southern Ontario often leads to severe weather in our region.
- Incoming disturbance rotating around low will enhance thunderstorm potential.
- Thunderstorms develop over western FLX by 3 pm, drift east before dissipating.
- Damage to trees from strong winds primary threat.
- Possibly some localized flooding.
- Low, but non-zero chance for an isolated tornado.
- Hail threat almost zero.
Live Finger Lakes Radar
Click here for a larger version of Finger Lakes Weather’s live, interactive, mobile-friendly radar.